Sunday, December 30, 2012

Erin's Fray-ed Heart


My Brother-in-law, a pediatric cardiologist, was visiting for Christmas.  He was telling me about one of his patients, a 12 year old named Erin.  She was born with only 1 chamber in her heart.  She was not expected to live beyond 6.  She has showed those doctors up by defying everything they think they know.  She hasn't been a permanent resident at the hospital, only a frequent visitor, living a normal life in between tune-ups.  On January 9th, Erin will be having open heart surgery with a 50/50 chance of surviving the surgery.  My Brother-in-law wanted her to have something to go into surgery with for comfort so I made her this little blanket with the frayed heart applique from www.PlanetApplique.com.  Please join me in praying for Erin on January 9th that she has full recovery and a great and full life.

4 comments:

  1. Count me in! I'm praying for Erin. She's God's little miracle. deanie dot dreams at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to know how Erin did, she's in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How so very sweet.....prayer said.

    ReplyDelete